Navodaya Entrance Exam Eligibility, Reservation Details for Class 6 Admission
Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance exam will be conducted for admission in to 6th , 9th and 11th class . Only eligible candidates are allowed to write Navodaya Entrance Exam . Navodaya admissions will be based on reservation .
Navodaya Entrance Exam Eligibility for 6th Class Admission
- Those candidates who reside in the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for the admission.
- If Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya opened is divided at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission in the JNV.
- Candidates appearing for the VI Class admission must be studying in Class-V for the entire academic session in a Government/Government-Aided, other recognized school or ‘B’ Certificate Competency Course of National Institute of Open Schooling, in the same district where the applicant seeks admission.
- The age of the candidate seeking admission must be within 9 to 13 years. Candidates of all categories including SC and ST candidates have no age relaxation for this admission.
- A candidate claiming admission from rural quota must have studied and passed Classes- III, IV and V from a Govt./Govt. Aided/ recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in a rural area.
- A candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area in any of the Classes-III, IV or V, will be considered as an Urban area candidate and those wont be taken as rural area candidate.
- A candidate who does not be promoted and admitted to Class-V before 30th September is not eligible.
- Those candidate who had appeared before in the JNV Selection Test they are not eligible to apply for a second time under any circumstances.
Navodaya Exam Reservation for Class 6 Admission
Seats of Navodaya Vidyalaya will be allocated based on the reservation criteria . There are some reserved seats for SC St and Girls .
The reservation details for Rural, SC/ST, Girls and Disabled Children of Navodaya Exam:
- Among all the seats, at least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas. The remaining 25% of the seats will be filled up from the urban areas of the district.
- There is a provision for SC and ST categories reservation.The Reservation percentage will be in proportion to SC/ST population in the district but not less than the national average.
- 1/3 that is 33% of the total seats will be reserved for girl students.
- 3% seats Reservation is allotted for disabled children (i.e. Orthopedic Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped).
Few Faqs About This Post
Who will be allowed to Navodaya Entrance Exam class 6
Only Eligible Candidates are allowed for Navodaya Entrance Exam
Who Can Write Navodaya Entrance Exam for Class 6
Students studying class 5 are allowed to write Navodaya Entrance Exam
How many Seats are allotted for Rural People
75% seats are allotted for Rural area people
Can we write Navodaya Entrance Exam two times
No. Candidates who wrote exam previously are not allowed
Incoming search terms:
- NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA ENTRANCE TEST ELIGIBILITY FOR CLASS 6